Monday, September 10, 2007

Clothesline and sinker...



Welcome to my new Blog!!! I decided to move my Studio News page to an actual blog again. Well yesterday I just finished up my very first Juried Art Show, the historic Clothesline Arts Festival. First I was just thrilled to be accepted into this amazing show, the depth of quality from all of the Artists was just amazing. Saturday was absolutly gorgeous, sunny with a hint of a breeze here and there. For majority of the day I had a packed booth to boot! I sold a nice mix of everything over the weekend. My newest design which debuted was a huge hit. I am not a huge pearl fan but I came up with a design I love. Its a three-strand Necklace that features my very own unique mix of Freshwater pearls. I painstakingly strung each pearl by hand too. You can twist them or leave them loose too. I also made the cones for each end and of coarse the clasp too. They look amazing on everyone too. Keep an eye out on the site for a few that will be up this weekend.

Sunday rained all day long, everything got soaked. I did seal the seams of my tent but forgot to scotch guard the rest of the top so when it was a heavy rain we got a nice mist in the tent. But that doesn't hurt the Jewelry. And the rain didn't stop diehard Clothesline fans.

I also have to say a huge Thanks to my two amazing assistants, my Aunt Andrea and my Dad. I was lucky to meet so many very talented Artists. I cannot wait for my next show...

And I also tweaked my site a little. Complete with my new Contest! I will have a ton of new Jewelry up on the site by this weekend.

No comments: