Friday, November 16, 2007

Life and Death...

Everything happens for a reason, but why do people have to get cancer and die. I know it may seem blunt or pointless, but it really sucks. No one deserves to get sick. Especially someone who is young and worked all of his life to build a very sucessful farm and have a wife and five amazing kids. My Uncle is passing away. He was taken to Hospice this morning, they are not sure how much longer it will be. I was not very close with him but I have so many happy memories of him. I am not one for funerals or wakes. I just do not do them anymore. I prefer to morn as I go and remember the good times. I will always remember my Uncle Mark smiling riding one of his tractors, or a horse, or dressing up as Santa Claus on Christmas. But there is a reason for this happening now. His mother, my grandmother, also has cancer. I have no idea what she and my grandfather are going through right now, or what they will go through. What do you really say to someone whos son is dying?
I am sorry for being a bit down today. We have to pick ourselves up and keep going because we are doing no good sitting and crying. I think the thing I am taking away from my Uncle is, he worked so hard all of his life to build everything up so that he and his wife would have a carefree retirement. He worked so hard. Sometimes I think we have to live in the moment and today rather then tomorrow or ten years from now. Within our means though. Its so easy to say, just take a break or a vacation. For now I have my mental time outs where I design my Jewelry or read. I try to take myself to another place and time. But then you have to come back to reality and deal with todays situtation. I think families are not what they used to be years ago. Years ago everyone was close, now families tend to get together only for Christmas or Funerals.
In closing, don't forget the people who really matter to you. Tell them you love them or how much you care about them, or how much you appreciate them.

No comments: